Thursday, June 20, 2019

The Great War in 6mm


So small! 😮

I had a bit of unexpected downtime recently, which allowed me to finish these Austro-Hungarian and Russian regiments (two of each). These are built for the game Great War Spearhead II, but could probably be used for other gaming systems as well. I still need to do up two more regiments and artillery for both sides before I'll have a division of each. But even before I can have a proper battle, I'll also need to build some basic terrain and scenery.




The Russians.


The Austro-Hungarians.



The miniatures are from Baccus and the bases are 2mm thick mdf from Minibits.The static grass is a mix of WWS 2mm 'Spring' and 2mm 'Farm Field C'. Painting in such a small scale presented new challenges, but was a joy, and is in some ways easier than larger scales. I found the key to keeping things moving along was to treat it more like a production line, and only focus on the areas that would stand out, like the tops of caps, or blanket rolls.

Russians

Russians

Austro-Hungarians

Austro-Hungarians

No comments:

Post a Comment

Battalion of the Auspicious Pig

After almost a year, my Chinese battalion is finally done! While I may add another rifle company and more supporting elements later...